Waxing is the process of removing hair from the root by using a sticky substance to cover the hairy surface of the skin. Such as paste or cream or vaseline hair removal to adhere to body hair while removing this covering and pulling out the hair from the follicle. It is a method of epilation that removes unwanted hair from the body
Yes, Waxing does make your hair grow back thicker, darker, or coarser. Regular at home waxing hair removal makes your hair grow back quicker and thicker.
That is why at home IPl laser devices are best suited for effective hair removal. Let us look at what the term waxing means! Before we continue.
What Is Waxing Hair Removal?
Waxing is the process of removing hair from the root by using a sticky substance to cover the hairy surface of the skin.
Such as paste or cream or vaseline hair removal to adhere to body hair while removing this covering and pulling out the hair from the follicle. It is a method of epilation that removes unwanted hair from the body
The Effect Of Waxing Unwanted Body Hair.
However, repeated ripping of the hair from its follicle via plucking will make hair grow back thicker, darker and coarser, and frequently, higher and faster to re-grow.
Unfortunately, if you think you are solving your unwanted hair problem by regular Waxing or plucking, you worsen the situation.
This is because the hair follicle sustains damage whenever a hair is removed in such a forceful manner, and once it is healed, the new hair grows thicker.
In that case, you may be advised to try the pain-free IPL laser hair removal handset to get rid of the hair follicles without damaging the skin or painfully plucking hair strands like Waxing at home.
However, Our natural temptation to pluck them Often can cause coarse, dark hairs to appear on the chin, lower lip, or other parts of the body.
In an effort to repair this damage, the body may result in excess hair regrowth due to increased blood supply to the affected area.
One may notice extra hairs where we initially encountered few hair strands. While Waxing hair removal seems a reasonable, affordable, and quick solution, many women do not realize they would be better off using the pain-free IPL device.
The increased blood supply, in turn, encourages the follicle to become more firmly rooted.
While IPL devices may provide a better option than waxing or tweezing, many women find the idea of waxing or tweezing distasteful.
Some women opt out for permanent hair removal creams or shaving, which does not promote a permanent result of unwanted hair removal.
Simple Steps On How To Wax Arm, Lip, Leg, Underarm, Bikini/brazilian
This article will discuss the various steps we can use wax to eliminate unwanted hair from our body parts easily.
Here are the requirements for waxing. I will recommend buying a wax kit if you have non.
1. Arm Waxing
The arm is one of the skin areas where unwanted hair can be found. I have explained the A-z steps of arm waxing; please click to read steps to arm waxing hair removal.
2. Lip Waxing
Here are the easy steps that will enable you to wax the upper and lower( Chin) lips appropriately.
Wax hair removal treatments steps;
- Get a waxing product like Lux Skin Beauty wax kit, etc. Ensure you have enough hair in that areas before waxing, and your lips hair should be at least 1/4″ long to enable the wax to adhere.
- Wash your face and dry thoroughly. Apply a small amount of powder to absorb any excess oil on the lip. It will minimize sensitivity and allow the wax to hold hair better.
- Apply the prepared wax to the upper lip repeating the same process at the chin. Apply the wax in an even direction of hair growth using a spatula.
- Cover with a strip, apply the wax strip in the direction of hair growth, leaving the edge of the strip uncovered to facilitate the removal. Rub it smoothly with your palm to stick to the hair and wait for few minutes.
- Ensure to tuck your top lip under your Lower lip, for example, just like you are trying to hide your lips, which makes the skin tauter and less the pulling off the wax pain.
- Pull the wax in the opposite directions of hair growth while holding your skin taut with one hand to remove hair properly. Press your finger down on the lips to relieve pain immediately after the strip is removed.
- Continue with the process until that skin area is free of hair, then wipe and use soothing aloe Vera gel or Johnson baby oil.
3. Leg Waxing
One vital factor to consider before waxing the leg is the hair length. If your leg hair is too short, the wax won’t hold it, and if it’s too long, the wax will hurt a lot more when pulling it off.
Hence, the length of your leg hair should be a quarter-inch long before waxing, but if you are not patient enough, you can use the Homiley Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver to remove short hair and long hair.
Most people preferred using hard wax to soft wax when treating the legs hair.
Wax hair removal treatment steps;
- Heat the wax bean in the microwave for 20-seconds; Stir around until the consistency is thick and allow it to cool. Then, use a wax spatula, spread the warm-hard wax on your legs in different sections and the direction of your hair growth.
- Cover the wax strips on top of your legs, rubbing them in the direction of growth to grab the hair.
- When using hard wax, you have to wait for 30 minutes to dry before pulling, then Pull it upward the hair growth.
- Quickly and gently pat the leg with a wet cotton pad after pulling the wax to reduce pain after treatment.
4. UNDERARM WAXING
The underarm is delicate and soft wax should be used in such sensitive areas of the body. But if your skin can tolerate the pain, you can use hard wax.
However, because this is a more sensitive area of the body, if you use soft wax, the experience will be less painful and effective:
Wax treatments steps;
- Use a lukewarm water bath or clean your underarms thoroughly, wash them with a mild body wash, and scrub them a little to remove sweat residue from the skin.
- Trim the hair; if it is longer than 1⁄4 inch, you should trim it with a pair of scissors until it’s 1⁄4 inch long. This will make the wax withheld the hair and the pulling process less painful. Apply baby powder in a small amount over the area.
- Heat Mylee or any wax kit of your choice, Follow the instructions on the package, and heat the wax in the microwave or a wax heater.
- Once the wax is completely melted, it is ready to use, allowing it to cool.
- Use a spatula to apply the wax to your armpit in large amounts, then spread it on your armpit in the direction of the hair growth.
- Place one of the paper wax strips that came along with your kit over the area with the wax and press with your fingertips, leaving the paper edge so that you can grasp it to pull the wax off.
- leave for few minutes, then pull off in the opposite direction of the hair growth, repeating the same process till the underarm is free of hair.
- Wipe off with a neat wet cloth and wait for 5 minutes before applying a moisturizer.
5. Bikini/brazilian Area Waxing
This is also one of the delicate areas of the skin that often grow unwanted hair. One needs extra caution when waxing the bikini area to avoid getting the genital organs irritated.
However, your bikini hair needs to be the right length before waxing. If the hair is under 1⁄4 inch is too short for the wax to grip, and anything over 1⁄2 inch is too long, the wax will grab too much hair and make the hair removal process painful.
Wax treatments steps;
- Get a waxing product made with natural substances like the Lux skin wax kit.
- Clean the bikini /Brazilian or shower and dry the skin; ensure your hair is 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inch in length.
- Take ibuprofen 30 to 45 minutes before waxing to minimize pain. Waxing the bikini area can be painful.
- Before applying the wax, Put on a pair of soft panties, fold toilet tissue around the elastic bands. The Pant will provide guidelines on where to apply the wax and protect your sensitive areas.
- Heat and Stir the wax and allow it cool, then apply the wax to your Brazilian area using a spatula.
- Lay down with a mirror in front of you, apply the wax carefully following the pant line, place the wax strips and allow for a few minutes, then pull, continue the process until the bikini is hair-free.
- Clean skin with a wet towel and apply a moisturizer to soothe.
6. Eyebrow Waxing
Most women like to reduce their eyebrows hair or carve it for makeup purposes.
Wax treatments steps;
- Clean or wash your face to remove makeup or oil buildup.
- Heat the wax to the proper temperature. It should be medium hot; allow it to cool and thicken like honey constancy.
- Apply it on the brows using a spatula in the direction of the hair growth, then place the paper wax strips on top and press firmly to withhold it.
- Repeat the process until you achieve your desired result, leave for 30 seconds, and pull off.
- Clean and apply facial oil or a moisturizer.
Safety Tips Of Waxing
- Don’t wax if you have skin challenges such as burns, wounds, acne, etc., to avoid damaging the skin.
- Avoid using a chemical-based product to wax the skin, especially the bikini areas.
- If your skin gets irritated from your first session of wax, please discontinue.
- Do not walk in the sun immediately after waxing to prevent skin from getting burnt since the skin becomes sensitive after waxing.
The Comparison Of Waxing And The Ipl Device.
We had explained a detailed comparison between waxing and ipl hair removal. However, let throw some light here.
The waxing method offers only a temporal solution, and some women make the crucial mistake of saving these methods.
Therefore, including it as part of your beauty regimen may require significant time and attention and can result in severe damages to their skin if done wrongly.
For some reason, plucking, threading, sugaring, waxing hair removal, etc., all seem to give an instant result and groom excess hair.
Most naturally hairy women can honestly tell you they spent more money on Waxing or electrolysis to eliminates unwanted hair than the IPL device.
Most women preferred the warm sensation of each IPL treatment session to wax or electrolysis treatment that often caused bruising and discolorations.
They may result in tenderness of the skin. Multiple treatments of the IPL device for (six to eight)weeks will provide you a fantastic result.
After that, apply your moisturizer and SPF sunscreen (SPF 30 minimum) to protect the skin from sunlight.
The device will remove unwanted, lighten dark spots, improve your skin texture, and the result is permanent.
Does Waxing Make Hair Thinner?
Waxing makes hair thinner and weaker with constant usages. It reduces unwanted hair growth when using every four to five weeks repeatedly.
While shaving crops the hair at the skin’s surface, IPL kills the follicles, so its strands grow weaker, softer, and thinner.
Does Waxing At Home Get Rid Of Coarse Hair?
At home Waxing hair removal does not get rid of coarse hair, and it only gives an instant result to the skin’s surface.
However, only the IPL device eliminates coarse hair. The stronger and coarser your hair, the likelier it is that your treatment might take a longer time to complete.
IPL device removes most varieties and textures of hair growth from the root.
Does Waxing Change Hair Texture?
Waxing does not change hair texture. It can reduce the volume of hair present, but it will not change its thickness, coarse, or growth rate.
Does Waxing Lead To More Hair Growth?
Waxing hair removal method does not reduce the rate of hair growth. If you become a regular waxer, you will notice that your hair will become quite weaker. A properly waxed hair should be removed from the root.
Is Waxing Hair Removal Bad For Your Vag?
It is bad to wax the genital area of the body. When it comes to pubic hair, people eliminate it using various methods, including Waxing, permanent hair removal creams, and laser removal, which may bruise the genital organs and even lead to infections.
These methods can lead to ingrown hairs and severe infections.
Hence, most gynecologists warn against them and recommend trimming using a shaver like Homiley Rechargeable women’s electric shaver or letting it be instead.
Is It Better To Shave Or Wax Your Balls?
Although shaving is better for your balls using the rechargeable electric shaver, it is suitable for males and females. It would be best if you didn’t pluck or wax your ball hairs.
The Homiley Rechargeable women’s electric shaver is very gentle on the skin, and it is pain-free.
It trimmed the hair around the balls or vagina without hurting the skin. It is very simple for everyone to use.
Is Waxing Hair Removal Bad For Your Skin?
However, doing waxing at home is somehow bad for the skin because hair is forcefully removed from the root.
This plucking procedure is more painful than shaving, and it is similar to the electrolysis method.
The hot wax can irritates and burn the skin. Waxing can cause inflamed hair follicles, bumps, rashes, redness, ingrown hairs, and skin irritation.
Therefore go for an alternative gentle method of removing unwanted hair using the homiley IPL hair removal device to banished hair regrowth.
Is It Better To Shave Or Wax Your Face?
Although the results from shaving and waxing hair removal are relatively similar, they give instant results, but hair grows back quickly and thicker than usual.
This is because shaving only removes the top layer of the hair, and waxing only plucks the hair strands from the cuticle.
Though most women prefer shaving to wax facial hair.
Moreover, most people who wax experience ingrown hair to people who shave.
However, using the IPL device yields far better results to shaving and Waxing hair removal methods.
Side Effects Of At-home Waxing Hair Removal
Waxing is a painful hair removal method, especially on the face, because the skin on your face is more sensitive after treatment. It sometimes leads to unsightly patches of blood on your face.
A mistake in Waxing can cause severe skin damages such as Rashes, sun sensitivity, scarring, bleeding, bumps, and infections.
Here are some of the side effects
Waxing hair removal may cause bleeding in most cases, but this is completely normal due to the waxing procedure.
This process has to do with parts of the epidermis being removed along with the unwanted hair during the waxing procedure.
at home waxing hair removal can lead to an infection in an area where the bleeding or skin damage occurred. You are also at risk if you use the wax over a fresh cut or wound. If the skin is wounded, do not wax.
The pulling or plucking of the hair strands can cause a wound which may result in a scar. It is a possible side effect of Waxing hair removal..
The risk of this side effect is greater if you use it over cuts or sunburnt shortly after waxing your face or body.
Rashes, redness, and irritation are often the most side effect of Waxing. However, rashes are a possible side effect of Waxing and shaving.
This can last for an extended period and can be very painful. If your rash is severe, or if it spreads, stop using the product immediately.
After waxing, you may also experience some bumps on the treated area of the skin. These occur on the top of the pores, where the hairs and roots are removed.
The use of Waxing promotes excess hair regrowth, though it gives an instant result. But the result is temporary. Therefore You are at a higher risk of faster hairs regrowth.
It makes the skin more sensitive to sunlight. You are likely to experience sunburn if, after applying face wax, you walk in the sun.
At the same time, you should take extra care with sun exposure after you wax the face. This method lifts away parts of your epidermis (the upper layer of skin) along with the hair you’re eliminating.
In that case, your skin becomes more sensitive to the sun, just as a chemical hair removal cream would.
How Do You Get Rid Of Pubic Hair Without Shaving Or Waxing At Home?
You can get rid of pubic hair with the use of Rechargeable women electric shaver. It is safer for males and females.
It is generally painless and very gentle on the skin. Shaving or Waxing may bruise or cause excess hair regrowth.
In Final Words;
Waxing hair removal method makes hair grow thicker and more coarse. Waxing irritates the skin and is not an alternative hair removal method, and you are advised to use the Homiley IPL device to get rid of unwanted hair permanently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Healthy To Wax Pubic Hair At Home?
Yes, waxing your pubic hair is entirely healthy and even safe as long as you follow the right waxing process.
The only problem with waxing pubic hair is the pain that comes with it. However, if you can endure the pain that comes with, waxing your pubic hair is healthy.
Should I Wax Or Shave My Pubic Hair?
Removing your pubic hair is all about preference. So, you can either Wax or shave your pubic hair. The pubic hair will not grow back quickly with waxing, but the pain is more than shaving.
Otherwise, shaving is cheaper alternative to waxing but doesn’t product a long-lasting result.
Do you need an affordable, pain-free, and easy way to remove pubic hair? Go for Homiley IPL hair removal.
Does Brazilian Wax Cause Sagging?
Yes, Brazilian Wax can lead to sagging of the skin. However, it is essential to understand that this only happens when the procedure is not done properly and safely.
So, if you want to prevent sagging after a Brazilian wax, you should let a professional handle it.
What To Put On Vag After Waxing Hair Removal?
After waxing your vagina at home, you should consider putting mild gel with aloe vera or other natural ingredients around the skin.
This product soothes the skin and lessens the pain. On the other hand, you should avoid all sorts of perfumed oils and creams.
How Bad Does It Hurt To Get Your Vag Waxed?
Waxing your vagina hurts quite badly as the hair around the area is forcefully pulled out from its follicles. However, the hurt will likely disappear after a few seconds without any tears.
How Much Does A Full Brazilian Wax Cost?
The cost of a full Brazilian wax differs from one waxing parlor to another. So, while some parlors may charge you as much as $120, others may offer Brazilian Wax for as low as $30.
Is It Ok To Shower After A Brazilian Wax?
No, it is not OK to shower after a Brazilian wax. Taking a shower after the treatment can make the body-area more sensitive; hence, increasing the risks of infections.
So, avoid taking a shower or submerging in pools or other water bodies for at least 2 hours after a Brazilian wax.
How Long Should You Leave Your Pubic Hair Before Waxing?
You should leave your pubic hair to grow to about ¼ of an inch before waxing it.
At this length, waxing will get rid of the hair without causing any patchiness. Also, this allows waxing to remove the hair without affecting the remaining hair follicles.
As a consequence of this, you are likely going to get a better and longer result.
What Not To Do After Waxing Hair Removal?
After waxing, here are some crucial don’ts.
- Don’t swim or enter any large water bodies for the first few days
- Avoid getting into the sun for the first 2 days
- Avoid hot yoga, sauna, or getting a spray tan
- Don’t exfoliate excessively
- Don’t use any soap, lotion, or other skincare products with artificial fragrance or color
- Don’t wear tight-fitting clothes
- Avoid strenuous workouts
- Don’t have sex for the first two days
How Many Hours After Waxing Can I Shower?
You can shower about two hours after you have waxed your hair. Using lukewarm water to take a shower, you will be able to reduce the sensitivity of your skin and stabilize your body’s temperature.
However, don’t go to the sauna or use the pool, hot water, or any large water bodies for a few days after the treatment.
Can I Shave Missed Hairs After Waxing?
Yes, it is perfectly OK to shave any missed hairs after your waxing session has been completed.
Use a new razor and shaving cream for it to reduce the risk of infections.
However, you should note that the shaved hair will grow back quicker than the waxed ones because of the procedures these two methods usually utilize to remove hair.
Will Waxing Eventually Stop Hair Growth?
No, no evidence shows that waxing will eventually stop your hair from growing back.
Although each waxing session will remove the hair for as much as 6 weeks, the hair will still return. However, over time, the hair will grow back finer and thinner.
Therefore, it will be less obvious than before.
Is It Normal To Still Have Hair After Waxing?
Yes, it is entirely normal to still have hair after waxing. It’s because waxing can be done to hairs that are at different phases.
Therefore, while some hairs are long enough to be waxed, others are too short to be removed by wax. Therefore, you may still have such short hairs after waxing.
How Many Times Do You Have To Wax Before Hair Stops Growing?
After every waxing session, the treated body part should be hair-free for about 2 to 6 weeks, depending on your normal hair growth.
It will take a long time for hair roots to be damaged enough to stop hair from growing if you wax regularly. Nonetheless, this may not even happen at all.
Does Waxing Hair Removal Darken Skin?
Usually, waxing hair removal does not directly darken your skin. However, waxing often removes the top layers of your skin; therefore, it makes your skin more susceptible to the effects of tanning and sunlight. So, your skin may darken after waxing.
The above has enlightened us on how to wax unwanted hair from our skin and explains how sensitive our skin can be after each wax section.
If you have sensitive skin and can not withstand the pain of waxing, you are recommended to use Home IPL hair removal to remove unwanted hair from your body.